Sunday, March 1, 2015

You Are So Much Stronger Than You Think You Are

So it's been a while, I know, but let me tell you, life has been on my side lately.

I've been so extremely busy working on my sorority's major philanthropy event, studying, and spending weekends out of town.  February was a whirlwind of a month, but, for the most part, it was an incredible 28 days. And the best part is that I am continuing to recover from my injury.

Just this past Wednesday I was cleared to run again, something I honestly thought I was never going to be able to do again.  But this insane rehabilitation schedule I have myself so earnestly working on has helped me to heal so much.  On Thursday I got up and went to the lake and ran for the first time in 3 months.  It wasn't anything like the runs I used to take, but it was a run, and it was amazing.  For the past three days I've been back on the grind, and the endorphins are oh so evident.  It's amazing how happy something so simple can make you, and I am forever grateful to be able to do something I've taken for granted my entire life, and something I once hated.

Aside from the emotional high I've gotten from all those endorphins, I realized something so important in this overall recovery process.  You are so much stronger than you think you are.  Sure, I can't run as fast or as far as I used to, but I can run. I'll be recovering for a long time, rehabbing my muscles and getting my endurance back, but I can honestly say I am so proud of what my body is able to do after over 2 months of couch sitting and being driven everywhere.

A couple months ago I felt that I was at my rock bottom, and it was really difficult to see that I could only go up from there.  But I'm on my way up, and in my personal opinion, I'm climbing much faster than I ever thought I could. Life is about to get really really great.

[Laguna Lake, CA]



No comments:

Post a Comment